Ok so I think it clear that there are not to many
people outside my circle of friends who read these posts. So I don't feel like
I have to explain too much into how much I dislike Xmas. So this year I was
super pumped to spend it in the land of the Jewish people were xmas is not the
least bit important!!!!!! So Sabba!!!!!
For some reasons not having xmas shoved down my
throat or being forced to do anything, all I wanted to do was to celebrate
xmas. So I rock the xmas Love here in the land of the Jewish!!!
So I started with making my family secret xmas cookies for the xmas
party we were having at the campus. I made the dough, which is a large task,
and then I figured no one is going to want to help me make the cookies because
everyone hates making xmas cookies! Boy O Boy was I wrong! My three friends
went nuts over rolling out the dough and cutting out xmas shaped cookies. I
didn't even help once!! It was so great and they had so much fun!!! We rocked
out the night with normal Jewish holiday food and my xmas cookies on Dec. 23.
I know how self-center this is going to sound but I
figured that everyone knew about Santa/xmas story even if they were not Christian.
Even though America claims to be freedom of religion, this is not very true
since everyone’s holidays are around the Christian faith. So being the dumb
American that I am I assumed wrong about everyone knowing about xmas. Almost no
one knew the stories biblical or myths (red nose reindeer and all!). It was so
much fun to tell everyone the xmas stories and even catch up on my biblical
knowledge to share my holiday with everyone. So my friend Dor asked why doesn’t
Santa visit the Jewish people and my very rude but fun answer is that Santa
Hates the Jews and Muslim. So as xmas came closer in time we kept this joking
running. Being the very sweet and nice person that I am I spoke with my mother
and had her buy me 50 beer koozies for Xmas and mail them to me. There is a back-story
to this gift but the moral here is that no on has seen a beer koozies till I
showed up. On the night of xmas eve eve Santa made a special trip to visit all
the Jews/Muslims here in the middle of the desert! It was so much fun to here
everyone talking about Santa coming to their rooms and some claiming to hear
Santa! Best part of Xmas!!!!!!
After being Santa little helper I packed up and
headed off to find xmas!!!! If you got the hint from my last post you might be
able to guess were I went, but I will help you out. THE BIRTH PLACE OF JESUS
CHRIST!!! ON HIS BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!! If you don't know were this is its in Bethlehem
in the West Bank. Unfortunately because of a bunch of conflict issues my
Israeli friends were not allowed to come but I had so much fun. It was an
experience of a lifetime to see people celebrating the birth of Jesus and
nothing really about American xmas. The whole night was a party and to pray/celebrate
Jesus Birthday. SUPER NUTS!! I got to walk the route that Mary came into Bethlehem
to the church with the parade and then saw Manger Square. It is the exacted spot
were the nativity set comes from that we all place on our fireplaces. I got to
see it!!! Ok I am starting to brag too much I think but I ended the night by having
a dancing party in the pub till 4am. Here are the pics of the time in Bethlehem!










1. You are still looking quite skinny.
ReplyDelete2. Your hair is getting so long!
3. I find it hilarious that you went out of your way to celebrate Christmas after hating on it so much. That is my favorite.
Love the video! The ending is perfection! Thistle would be so honored :)
ReplyDelete