Saturday, January 4, 2014

Christmas and New Years

After spending Christmas eve in Bethlehem and parting the night away it was time for Christmas!!!! My friend and I went on a free tour of Hebron because our friend George is a tour guide. For the first time that I have been here, talking about the conflict trying to find peace I finally understood what was going on. George didn't play a victim nor talked about the past. He spoke about what effected him and what he needs to find peace. It really made me understand what was going on and how it is effect people everyday. I really enjoyed being able to take this tour and spending my morning with him!
P.S. Spent most the day in the Mosque! 







Jewish Settlement
I also believe that its important to spend this day with the people whom you love and care about. I'm not saying that the people I was with in Bethlehem are not people who I love but two of my really good friends who I love very much are unable to go to Bethlehem.  If you didn't know Bethlehem is in the West Bank which is one of the reasons for the conflict. So Israeli can go into the West Bank according to the Palestine government but when Israeli go back in to Israel there own government can arrest them. Since my two closest friends are Israeli and they were not so conformable with crossing the boarder I met up with them in Jerusalem. We started by going to the Old City looking for Christmas!!!! The old city is a great place because it is this giant walled off city that you just keep walking and find a new area! There are different section for the different regions but it doesn't matter you always get lost and always find some fun! 




  








Overall Christmas was a great day and I was so happy to spend it with the Jews and Muslim in my life!!

So the New Year has come and past and it is the first year in four years that I have not spent it with my mom. I love spending new years with my mom because its not so party intense but a lot of drinking! Since this was a new experience it was just perfect because the Jewish New Year was in September and they were all party out. Israel dose celebrate the New Year but its just not a big deal to them because they just celebrated there own New Year. As a group we went to the Kibbutz pub and had an American dance party!!! It was a great New Years even without my Mom.

Also made a movie of some kind, for a job I am applying for and thought you guys would lie and say it is really good or let me know if the link does not work!!! Here's the Link: http://youtu.be/4kflYlXzQ7g 

No comments:

Post a Comment