While spending time traveling I have heard nonstop what it means to be an American that I felt that I need to share:
- There is an McDonald's want to go?
- Of course you have that (insert any material object here) in America you are the fattest country.
- Were can't you go as an America?
- Will you Marry me?
- O Americans are so lazy they just microwave everything.
- We have to speak English the American is here.
- Embrace the local cultural you are in! It may be against what your cultural is but you are traveling to experience new cultural and if you shun the local cultural then you should have stay in America!
- American just eat nonstop crap filled with hormones and sugar
- You stole our (insert local good here)!
- Dumb American!!
It is sad to me that a country which is so proud of it self is viewed so poorly around the world. It is draining to always have to hear all the negative comments about American when I truly do not have the a large amount of pride in America that most people do. Sadly I understand or see why people around the world view Americans in such a poor light. If you have ever traveled you can easily spot who are the Americans and that they are dragging us down as a country. I enjoy traveling and I do not wish that other stop traveling but if you are please don't believe that you are in charge of the world. As an American you can walk around like you own the place only in AMERICA!!!! Every were else in the world you are a guest and need to behave like one! This means don't order people around, don't mock/bash the locals, don't expect everyone to speak English, and please don't eat every meals at an American chain restaurant. I would like to start having people around the world view Americans travelers as smart and caring people and not be labeled as the world idiot! Please just the government make us look like idiots not our citizens!!
I know this post sounds a little random but I could not listen to one more person make a comment about me just because I am an American. There were people I met here that are from American that these comments are warranted towards but because of these few American travelers the rest of us are not given a chance. So my advice that I have to give Americans who are aboard but having a hard time finding them self then I say go HOME!!! I would guess that you are having a hard time finding how to fit into the new cultural and you just feel like you are being attacked the whole time. If you are around other American who are not having a hard time then it is a sign that you are meant to be in American and please just stay there from now on!!
No comments:
Post a Comment